Is your Sabudana/Sago khichdi is sticky and not able to find the solution to make it perfect non sticky khichdi or can say sabudana pulav. here we have a perfect recipe for you to prepare tasty and no sticky sago khichdi.
Sabudana Khichdi is one of the most popular comfort food in India. It’s also known by sago khichdi .
It’s mostly made during fasting/vrat/upvaas season like Navratri , Shivratri , Ekadashi but not limited to the same. Sabudana khichdi makes an appetizing and filling breakfast , lunch , dinner or a snack.
Solution to make sabudana non sticky:
- Wash sabudana in cold water to remove extra starch from it.
- Soak it for 3- 4 hours and after it drain water from it , with the help of sieve.
- keep it side in sieve for next 1- 15 minutes to drain rest of unecessary water from it.
- now your soaked sabudana is ready to cook immedietely or you can store it in refrigerator too(if want to use it later).
- 2 cups Sabudana before soaking
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3-4 curry leaves
- ½ tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 or 2 medium sized potatoes cubed
- ½ cup roughly crushed roasted peanuts
- Salt to taste (Sendha nakak for fasting days)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice or to taste
- Chopped fresh coriender
How to prepare
- With above solution steps soak sabudana for 3-4 hours.
- Drain off excess water if any before cooking.
- Add oil to a Kadai.
- Once warm , add cumin, kari patta seeds in it
- Add in the cubed potatoes and cook on a low flame until tender , flipping it occasionally.
- Now add in the ginger , chopped chilies and cook for a minute more.
- Meantime, add in sugar, salt , roasted peanuts and lemon juice to the sabudana bowl and mix well.
- Now add the coated sabudana to the pan , mix everything well and cook until the sabudana are a bit translucent and well coated.
- Keep stirring occasionally.
- Add in lots of chopped coriender and more peanuts (if required)
- Serve warm with green chutney.
Sabudana is ready