A new innovative way to enjoy your Baigan (eggplant) in your plates. Enjoy this new style recipe, get the steps below:-
- 4 small sized brinjal /baingan/eggplant
- 1 large potato
- 2 poon mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp methi/fenugreek seeds
- 1 -2 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 medium sized Tomatoes, finely chopped
- few leaves of coriander leaves, finely chopped to garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped Fresh Adrak/ Ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder / haldi
- 0.67 tsp coriander powder / daniya powder
- 1/2 spoon kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- 1/4th tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4th spoon Sauf Powder
- 1 spoon coriander powder
- 1/2 spoon mango powder
- salt to taste
For Besan Batter
- 5 tsp of besan
- 1/4 spoon lal mirch / red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 Spoon Sauf Powder
Steps to Prepare
take the cut brinjal and dip into salt water. Boil it in salt water for 5 minutes to tender it.
keep out of it and soak it on dry paper or on a muslin cloth.
Heat Kadai and put some oil into it to fry potatoes and brinjals, cut the potatoes in vertical shapes and deep fry them in oil.
Prepare Besan batter to dip brinjals in it
Dip brinjal in prepared besan batter
Deep Fry these dipped brinjals into kadai
Keep into Kadai on low flame till it turns into golden brown colour.
Now, heat some 2 spoon mustanrd oil in a kadai or pan and put some cumin seeds into it
put chopped onion, tomatoes, garlic, green chillies into it and stir for 5 -10 minutes.
Add 1/4th salt(as per taste), 1 spoon coriander powder, 1/2 spoon turmeric, 1/ 4th spoon red chilli powder, 1/2 spoon mango powder and stir well.
After 5 minutes add fried baingan and potatoes into it and close it with lid for 10- 15 minutes.
After 10 minutes check its tenderness. if it is soft and chewable. keep aside in plate, garnish it with garam masala and sauf and your fried baigan masala is ready.