Are you lover of chocolate or chocolate cakes. try this yummy truffle cake at home. Easy to prepare for beginners too. checkout below recipe
Ingredients (for measurement use normal tea cup of 150ml)
- Refined – 1/4th cup
- Curd – 1/4th cup
- Granulated Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Maida – 1 cup
- Baking Poweder – 1 Teaspoon
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- 6-7 whole Walnuts or can use walnut pieces too
- Chocolate (use amul dark chocolate or normal flavor dairy milk), i user amul dark chocolate – 250 gms (for frosting as well bread)
- Amul Cream – 150 ml (keep it into refigirator till not used to make cake frosting)
Utensil required for baking
- Aluminium tin of any shape preferably circular in shape.
- Butter paper (if not at home you can easily prepare it at home. check here How to prepare butter paper at home?)
- Kadai or cooker in which tin easily fitted into it.
- one stand you can use stand we use to kept hot utensils.
- salt to bake.
Preparation of Bread
Before preparing cake batter . take aluminium tin and grease it with refined oil. and fit butter paper inside it. keep it into refrigerator for 5 -10 minutes
- In a bowl – add 1/4th cup refined, 1/4th cup curd and 1/2 cup sugar
- Mix it well and beat the mixture in one direction (clockwisr oe anticlockwise)
- once it mixes well, add 1 cup maida and baking powder and milk in it and mix it well and beat mixture atleast for 4-5 minutes in one direction only.
- Now, melt 25- 30 gms chocolate in a separate bowl . to melt take 5-6 pieces of amul dark chocolate in a bowl and put it in a microwave on normal mode for 20 sec. then check, if required mix it and again keep it in microwave for another 10-15 sec..
- add melted chocolate in cake batter and also add few small pieces of walnut in it. again mix it well.
- once the batter ready.
- transfer this batter into aluminum till which we prepared for cake batter.
How to Bake/Setup
- Pre-heat – Put kadai/cooker on gas Stove on low flame . add some salt in it and put stand intio it. cover it with some plate/ lid (*do not use cooker lid). let allow it to pre heat for 5 minutes.
- after 5 minutes kept aluminum tin with batter into it. cover it and let allow it to bake fot aleast 40 -45 minutes on low flame only.
- After 30 minutes, open it and check it with toothpick.
- How to check ? if its baked or not – took a toorhpick insert into cake and check if bread comes with toothpic means its not baked yet and if not it means its ready for next step.
- if your cake is not baked properly then again allow it to bake for next 10 minutes more.
How to demold cake from tin?
- Remeber not to demold or try to pull out cake immediately from tin. allow it to cool on normal temperature you can keep it aside on some covered place to cool down it.
- Take a long knife and run it along the edges to loose the cake. By doing this, you are making it easy for the cake to come out while ensuring nothing is sticking to the sides.
- Take a large plate (one that covers the entire baking tin) and place it on the baking tin.
- Now, lift the plate along with the baking pan and invert the whole thing. Now, the positions are reversed. The baking tin sits on the plate.
- Very gently, loosen the tin and lift it off. Now, if you had greased and lined your tin before well, then the tin should come right off leaving no cake bits on it.
- Very carefully, tear off the butter paper from the cake.
- Take another serving plate and place it on the cake and invert it. If you’re confident enough, you can do this with your hands too. Basically, we want to invert to bring the top side up!
- Melt approx. 200 gms of chocolate in a bowl with same procedure we done before.
- Now add thick amul cream in it and mix it well. if its too thick you can melt the whole mixture in microwave for 10 sec.
- now cut cake into two pieces with help of cutter or knife as shown in picture
apply chocolate cream into it and spead some walnut pieces into it
Now again paste another piece onto it. now apply rest chocolate paste on top and sides of cake with help of knife.
Lets cool cake in refrigeration for sometime.
Now lets melt rest 100gms of chocolate and add chilled amul cream into it and start beating it into one direction, till it whipped in double of cream and chocolate. now kepp it into refrigerator for sometime.
now transfer whip chocolate mixture into a plastic cone ans start layering , designing your cake as shown in picture. crush some chocolate to design top portion of cake.